How to Download Ecu (Delphi MT05/.2) (HUD ECU Hacker)

Terry
Site Admin

How to Download Ecu (Delphi MT05/.2) (HUD ECU Hacker)

Post by Terry »

In this brief Tutorial I will be showing you how to download the ecu to your computer for editing using HUD ECU Hacker. I am assuming you have already setup HUD ECU Hacker and have the proper cables.

I cannot overstate this but make sure you have a fully charged battery and if in question clamp on a battery charger for this process.

(1) Turn key to ON position.

(2) Make sure you have selected the proper parameter file or you will get the error as shown.

(3) Make sure you have selected the proper adapter and com port as well as making sure the settings are correct in adapter configuration and save on exit if changed.

(4) Do NOT select the "Connect" button in the connection area as it will connect when you click the download button and disconnect when done.

(5) Make sure the radio button for "Download entire flash memory" is clicked.

(6) Select bin file name for " Filename for downloaded flash file" and type in whatever name you wish to call it, Make sure it is a name that will describe the machine it was read from.

(7) Click the "Download" button and now it will start the reading process.

(8) The newly written file will be located in C:\Program Files (x86) > HUD ECU Hacker > ECU > MT05 > FlashMemory and must stay in this location to populate the drop down menu for the tuning section.